Expansion & Future
Goals and Transitional Binders
• Policy change- (health care lobby, training/edu., activism, being exemplary, research/publish)
• Continue case-working after clinic
• Expand vaccination
• Expand Mental Health Services
• Fund-raising- Alumni, service providers
• Involve other Student Groups- (Resident Assistants, trainings. SSPC (Student to Student Peer Counseling))
• Business and Info Cards
• Outreach Expansion- (client, volunteers, Berkeley High)
• Social Events
• Clients more integrated in community programs
• Have Podiatrist for foot-washing
• Have Clubs/workshops
• Group Interactions with Clietns- Team building
• Workshops- Legal rights, resume critiquing
• Clients work on semester long project
• New Services (DO, homeopath at other clinics, children education, health education
• New supplies
• Substance abuse (NEED- needle exchange)
• Community Projects
• More Clinic unity
• More publicizing
Ideas for Needs Assessment
• Asking “Do you have needs that are unmet?”
• Double sided: service providers
• Paper at clinic
• Suggestion box
• Experience interview
• Mix of open ended questions and rating
Questions for Needs Assessment
• What is the service that brings you to Clinic each week?
• Is there something you wanted that you couldn’t find? (supplies)
• How comfortable do you feel?
• Do you go anywhere else in the community; if so, where?
• Gener? Any other clinics/organizations you attend?
• Interested in Mental Health/showers, etc.?
• What do you think of the volunteers/How were you treated tonight?
• Open ended?
• New ideas: If there was anything at all Suitcase Clinic could give you, what would it be and why?
• Elaboration on particular services? –chiro, medical, etc.
– service, overall experience
– rate 123…
– comment: Why?
• How did you hear about Suitcase Clinic?
• What current services need improvement?
• What supplies do you need?
• What would help entertain you/make you feel more at home?
• Organizational comments/communication/information
Ex-Comm- Thursday, September 20, 2007 at 7:30 PM at FSM
• Women’s Clinic- Lijia
• Youth Clinic- Sandhya
• Class- Addie and Courtney
• SPEAC- Jodi
• SHARE- Addie
• Secretary- Neera