UPDATED (8/23/12) to include August 29th info session location.
Thanks for your interest in joining the Suitcase Clinic! Each semester we recruit new volunteers to serve the underserved and promote social justice in our community. If you would like to learn more about joining the Suitcase Clinic, please attend one of our Info Sessions:
- Wednesday, August 29, from 7-9PM in 210 Wheeler OR
- Thursday, August 30, from 5-7PM in 166 Barrows
New volunteers take a 2-unit service learning course (HMS 98/198) that discusses the problem of homelessness and how students can become effective caseworkers for homeless clients. Class will be held on Thursdays from 5-7PM in 166 Barrows.
In order to apply to the Suitcase Clinic, you must complete the following requirements:
- Complete a written application (download here) Submit your application to 570 University Hall on Wednesday, September 5th by 5:00PM.
- Attend a Clinic Tour Clinic Tours are: Monday, September 3rd, at 6:00PM, 6:30PM, 7PM, 7:30PM, and 8:30PM and Tuesday, September 4th, at 7PM, 7:30PM, and 8PM. All clinic tours depart from the RSF main entrance.
- Complete an in-person interview Interviews last 10 minutes and are held immediately following the Info Sessions and during the Clinic Tour times.
Applicants will be informed of our admission decisions by Thursday, September 6, at 12PM (noon). If you have added yourself to the waitlist on Telebears, please remove yourself. Students selected for the course will be given a course entry code. If you have any questions, please email them to “class [AT] suitcaseclinic.org”.
Thank you for your interest in working with the marginalized. We look forward to seeing you soon!