The following quotes were compiled for the 2007 Service Provider Appreciation Dinner to honor all of the Suitcase Clinic’s graduating seniors:
- Melanie is the enthusiasm and the cool behind Suitcase. Her strong will and her leadership skill inspire others to emulate her. Her character and her openness decreases the tension in PC and her presence will be greatly missed.
- There is too much to say but you are my wonderful work buddy turned best friend. I wonder how I ever functioned without you. You are amazing!!!!
- Mel’s love for life and service is contagious to all volunteers. Her charisma and passion is exemplary for all!
- “She monstered that ish” Upon seeing Jake: “Aww monstor”
- Melaine is amazing. Her devotion to bonus is bonus bonus bonus.
- Bonus embedded in the bonus program
- Mel’s enthusiasm is contagious and I’m sure she’ll make a wonderful teacher, even though she makes really complicated diagrams.
- Mel your 5th graders will love you—but I’m sure not if people could love you even more then we love you—you enthusiasm, spunk and spirit is awesome. Keep Dancing!
- Crab Walk!
- You never know what to expect when Mel is around and that is what I love most about her. Her dedication to Suitcase Clinic is amazing and I have always looked up to her. I know she is going to do amazing things with her life. I love you Mel, Suitcase will not be the same without you.
- You have the most amazing spirit of anyone I’ve ever met, and I can’t believe we won’t be seeing your smiling face every Wednesday night at PC. I know I’m going to miss having you around, but I’m so incredibly glad that I got to meet you and work with you because you are truly amazing.
- You have helped make Women’s Clinic the close family that it is. Thanks for you constant energy, enthusiasm, and crazy humor that has made my Suitcase Clinic experience so fun and wonderful. I admire how positive you always seem to be, even if you are having a cruddy day. You have inspired me to do the same and have shown me how much one person can have such a huge positive effect on another person. I love you!
- Sachini is Melanie co-conspirer. They are on a mission to make a difference in the world together. Sachini gets things done quietly and efficiently without making a big fuss. I commend Sachini for her dedicated efforts towards the class and the women’s clinic.
- Sachini’s dedication and fervor is awe-inspiring
- Sachini is really great. Her quiet poise and equanimity is really inspiring.
- I love sachini’s gold shoes and earrings and her fabulous srilankaness!!!
- Sachini’s got unassuming beauty and poise. She is kind of like peppermint tea personified.
- Sachini is an empanada goddess and I love her!
- Monster love! Sachini and Mel were the best UGSIs ever!
- Sachini is the kindest girl who I respect dearly.
- Sachini is the most beautiful person I know!! I am going to miss you so much
- I remember being in class and hearing you talk about your experiences in suitcase and just hearing the tone of your voice and seeing how much heart you put into what you do made me realize what I’m in this for. I’m glad to have met you and to have been able to spend this semester working with you in PC. You are an amazing person and I know you’ll do great things when you get out of here and move on to bigger and better things.
- You are absolutely the sweetest person. I admire you for your compassion and your confidence as a leader. I remember when you were my Women’s Clinic UGSI, and it was you that motivated me to continue with Suitcase Clinic and run for a position that following semester. I’m going to miss you!! I love you!!
- Jake is the style and the coolness factor behind Suitcase. From his intellectual and insightful comments to his suave and finesse, Jake has been a fine asset to the this organization.
- Jake is the coolest vegan I know!
- Metro Park may be a good place to shop, but its not worth it.
- Jake brings sophistication and cool into our circle of life
- Jake personifies the attitude of Youth Clinic, and we’ve all learned from him
- “I’m irresistible.”
- Can I get some tickets to the gun show?
- Jake once said, “Samsara? I own that shit.” I couldn’t believe it. Ka-shume! –Randall Flagg #19
- If I had to describe him I would probably have to use the words Viking, sexy and metal in some creative fashion.
- Jake represents a form of responsibility and justice that’s not replicable
- Jake is the hottest man alive, every girl at youth Clinic comes back to watch him.
- I remember meeting this kinda scary looking kid with long dark hair 2 years ago who told me about this amazing organization he was involved in, who would have thought that this event would change my life. Thank you Jake for introducing me to the Suitcase Clinic. It has been so fun working with you and I can’t wait to see those guns this summer at Starbucks!!
- “Jodi, you’re a -4… and that’s good because the average person is a -6!” Well, at least I’m above average in Jake’s book. That’s something special coming from the hot guy in Suitcase. At the risk of embarrassing myself, I remember seeing you in class my first semester and texting Sandhya to ask her who the hot guy is. I’ll definitely miss looking at your pretty face across the room in PC.
- Whenever I think of you, I can’t help but conjure an image of that bird squawk that you did during one of our retreats. You’ve been so fun to work with, and thank you so much for everything!
- Andrew’s eloquence and his poise are very memorable. He has the ability to convince people to do great deeds through his charisma. His knowledge and enlightment permeate through every facet of clinic and his dedication will be greatly missed.
- The most humble suitcaser I’ve ever met.
- “So-I made a website.”
- Its on the website.
- His sophistication and class is very intriguing. His aptitude for knowledge and conservation is commendable.
- No one has quite the grasp of suffering that Andrew does!
- Andrew’s knowledge in Suitcase is amazing and his commitment to the organization is inspirational AND he has the nicest blue eyes I have ever seen.
- Everything is always put so well when Andre says it. We are going to miss him so much, he really can’t be replaced.
- If you have a question ask Andrew; if he doesn’t have an answer he will tell you several different places where you can find it and possibly the history of how it got there.
- Andrew is someone you can always count on. He puts his whole heart in everything he does which makes him an amazing leader.
- It’s a scary thought not having our Suitcase guru with us in PC but I’m starting to realize that the important thing is that I got to work with you and learn so much from you. I’m definitely going to miss your pretty eyes and your eloquent speech, but I’m sure you’ll come and visit us so I won’t worry too much.
- You are the Suitcase Clinic grandfather, I have to say, which is a good thing. You are the oh wise one that we all look up to. Thanks sooo much for all the work you’ve put into jumpstarting our amazing website and being so awesome in every single one of the PC positions you’ve held. I’m going to miss you!!
- Sunny is like a coconut, hard on the outside, but soft and tender on the inside. He has done his duty to his potential this year and kept order through havoc.
- Yeah brah!
- Thanks for starting the election changes
- Amit is another Suitcase badass! His fervor and vision for the Clinic is commendable. His leadership abilities have helped guide Suitcase to what it is today and his knowledge and resources are very dependable. May he guide and light the world through his experiences here at Suitcase.
- Amit is my Suitcase hero!
- Amit transcends my feeble vocabulary. He is wonderful
- Amit exemplifies what it means to be a suitcase person. His love for people and humble leadership by example inspires all.
- Amit is my favorite suitcase monster ever and thinking of his leadership makes me happy
- Amit is the most passionate suitcaser, it is truly inspirational!
- “ps: i’ll look for the ‘one size fits all’ brass knuckles for you.” I’m glad I didn’t need those, but when I do, I’ll know where to go. You are an awesome guy and I’m so incredibly glad that I got to know you. Suitcase “badasses” continue.
- Kara is a shy person externally, but is a very persistent and courageous person at heart. Her love for selfless service and her aptitude for change have define her character and her contributions to our clinic!
- I met Kara when she drove me to my first Suitcase retreat in Saratoga. I thought she was the coolest person ever, and I still think she is!!
- It has been a pleasure to get to know Kara all these years. You will be missed!
- Kara is beautiful
- Kara we all love you and Suitcase will not be the same without you. You are an inspiration.
- You are soo awesome, and I love how excited you always are during our PC meetings. I’m going to miss you!
- Anne is one of the sweetest people in Suitcase. She is always enthusiastic about PC and her enthusiasm is very contagious. Her role as Footwashing Coord has increased the demand for the service and her dedication and persistence are noteworthy.
- I was always so excited for PC because of Anne. She is the greatest footwashing coordinator I know!
- No one loves PC as much as Anne does. Next year I promise to be excited about PC every week in her honor.
- “I know I won’t sleep that night but I go to Suitcase anyway and I don’t regret it”—Anne. Thanks for never being too tired; we appreciate your dedication
- Anne is a good friend. I’m really excited!!! I’m so excited that Anne is excited for PC
- Anne’s excited for Suitcase and that made me excited
- Anne’s enthusiasm is contagious and Suitcase, specifically PC, would not be the same without her. I love Anne!
- “I’m Anne, and I’m excited for PC.” I loved hearing your check-in because it somehow got me even more excited for PC every time. We’re going to miss hearing that but I think I might have to bring it back next semester when you’re not there to say it. We’ll miss you Anne.
- Sarah is one of the most approachable and dependable member of this organization. Her willingness to cooperate and facilitate change have led to great advances in the Women’s Clinic. Her knowledge and enthusiasm for the mental health project have equipped her to attain great success in the near future.
- Amazing coordinator and a wonderful caring COCA. I am so glad that she has become involved in Suitcase Clinic and when I grow up, I want to be just like her.
- I saw sarah wear a banana suit once. It was great!
- “Sarah is the sweetest person ever, her smile makes me smile. Secret: she loves bird calls
- One of the greatest things Suitcase had brought me is my friendship with Sarah. Not only is she one of the nicest, funniest people I know, but she is an amazing volunteer! Her dedication to the women blows me away!
- I’ve always considered you one of my closest friends in Suitcase, and I’m so glad you came around and became a coord with me. You are so compassionate, so sweet, so understanding, and I love talking to you. Thanks for always listening and for all the great conversations we’ve had. I better not lose touch with you, I’ll be sooo sad if I do. I’m going to have to facebook stalk you for some time, but hopefully not for too long. I love you!!!
- Stephanie’s ability to multi-task and relate to the clients have been exemplary. She has the ability to handle various different obstacles in an adequate manner and seems to keep her cool at all times. Her leadership abilities have empowered to create a friendly and nurturing atmosphere in the Women’s Clinic.
- Stephanie is really awesome.
- Stephanie introduced me to two very important things in my life Nicaragua and Suitcase. Thanks so much Stephanie! Que te via bien
- Stephanie’s smile is beautiful—it comes from her heart and goes up into her eyes. I love you Stephanie!
- Stephanie was a COCA extraordinaire and amazing Coord. She puts everyone at ease with her smile, calmness, and warmth
- I am going to miss her optimism during Clinic. She never gets flustered even during the most crazy nights at Clinic.
- Julia’s idiosyncrasies and her unique personality has lent an exotic blend to her presence. From her Taekwondo skills to her knowledge about music bands, she is a complete individual with knowledge about her contemporaries as well as being able to relate with the clients
- 19! 191919!
- Without Julia’s excessive penchant for cooking I might have starved.
- I love Julia!
- Julia kicks butt as a coordinator as good as she kicks butt in tae kwon doe, and that’s really good what would women’s have done without her?
- My favorite Julia Clinic memory is when she unconsciously starts doing the robot every time music comes on (and sometimes with no music, too!) Its AMAZING!!
- I’m definitely going to miss our talks about Davey and randomly running into you at Peet’s and talking about random things that pop up. I’m glad I got to know you and share your amazing taste in music over the past semester, and I’m definitely going to miss having you around, but I hope you’ll come and visit us often.
- Fellow Coord! I’m going to miss you so much! Thanks so much for helping transition me into the position and for being such a great person to work with. I love you!
- Daniel is the funniest and comical person in the organization. From his funny Borat comments to his contagious laugh, Daniel is the impetus behind lending a relaxed and cozy environment to the PC meetings. His good heart and his presence will be greatly missed and may his mirth continue to affect others in a positive light similar to how it affected us.
- I will never forget those amazing general Clinic dinners that were topped off by the Quesadilla Man doing his thing. I will always remember you as the time keeper and the quesadilla man because “it’s a nice!”
- Daniel has never failed to make me smile and laugh during class.
- It’s verry niiice! I liiiike you!
- It was awesome being a UGSI with him, and he makes bomb quesadillas!!!
- Yummy quesadillas. Thanks for quite a semester.
- Daniel enthusiasm for life and huge smile are so encouraging. Seeing him could make a whole day brighter.
- Daniel would be an awesome pediatrician
- Kind of like having a teddy bear as a big brother. The most loveable one of the bunch.
- Daniel is the best partner ever!!! He is hardworking, passionate, comical, and kind hearted which makes him a wonderful UGSI and it has been an honor to work with him. I have had so much fun with him this semester and he is definitely going to be missed. Thanks for all the memories and for helping make OUR small group the best one ever! YAY Dinners!!!!
- Bian is a strong and outspoken individual who is very competent at his job. He is a man that takes initiative and gets things done in the end. He has been invaluable as a COCA and we wish him the best in future endeavors.
- Seeing Bian dressed up like a Spartan warrior changed my life forever.
- Bian’s ability to maintain that kind of GPA while being an MCB major is amazing. He is my hero!!!
- Bian’s organization of the community ties project was exceptional and will make a lasting impact on Clinic.
- Imran is a classy figure: in the background but very receptive to feedback and evaluation. He soaks in the whole picture and makes meaningful contributions. May his good will and intentions guide him through his career.
- I really appreciated having Imran in Wed and Thursday class. He had a great sense of humor and was always there to make sure we planned out great Thursday classes!
- Imran and I both love brownies
- “Brownies making brownies”
- Imran is awesome
- Imran has a gentle and intellectual approach to life—and then his face breaks into a smile
- Matt’s joy for life emanates through his smile. His presence and his strong opinions helps guide conversations in a more critical and meaningful direction. May his insight and his persistence attribute to his success.
- Matt was always asleep in class, but I love him anyway.
- Whenever I see matt I can’t help but smile, he always has a way of brightening my day. I love you Matt!!
- Matt! I’m so glad you came aboard and did Suitcase! You’ve been such a great SHARE coord, and such a great friend. Thanks for everything buddy!
- Christina has been both a dedicated volunteer and a true friend since the time I first met her. Her hard work and unflagging energy have contributed tremendously to the Suitcase Clinic, and I am fortunate to know her. She is an amazing person, and will help improve the lives of many people during her lifetime.