2. Things to be done: set up agenda for the retreat on September 23rd by the 19th; mail agenda items to Jake
3. There will be a bowling social night on September 22nd.
4. Main topic: At the end of last semester, a vote was taken on whether or not to move PC meetings to a different time and/or place; the topic needs to be further discussed now. Suggestions for changes are:
• Have PC meetings once every 2 weeks
• Have PC meetings at University Hall after the UGSI class at 7pm on Wednesdays to keep the location neutral (not at the location of any clinic)
• Have regular PC meetings once at the beginning of each month, then call other meetings only if necessary
• Reserve a room every Wednesday, and hold PC meetings every Wednesday, so that any individual clinic that needs to can meet on the Wednesdays PC is not held.
• Have 1-hour meetings for all of PC, then split up into smaller groups/clinic groups for further discussion
• Rotate PC to different locations/times to make sure everyone can attend
• Have an itinerary set up via email on weeks when PC meetings are not held, to clarify what will be discussed
The most popular idea for change seemed to be to hold PC meetings every other Wednesday at University Hall, after UGSI class.
5. Problems/issues people have are:
• PC participation has been declining over the last few semesters, so something should be done to open the meetings up more
• Youth Clinic has had worries about keeping clinic in touch with the class, so there should be more interaction between class and the clinics
• All the PC officers don’t need to be present to meet with the optometry/medical students
• Communication amongst clinics, administrators, and medical/optometry students has been low, so meetings need to keep everyone informed
• University Hall is hard to get into after five
• COCAs are often at Berkeley Primary Care on Wednesdays, so there needs to be a way to make sure at least one COCA is present at every meeting
• Lack of inter-clinic communication over the last few semesters.
Ideal goal of PC: To have all clinics and divisions of Suitcase Clinic come together to discuss issues, vote on big decisions, and make Clinic democratic.
• Void last semester’s vote to change PC meetings- passed w/ vast majority in favor
• Have PC every other week- will decide next week
• Location of PC- will decide next week
At next week’s PC meeting, the above suggestions/issues will be further discussed and voted upon.