Present: Stephanie, Amit, Kara, Andrew, Chelsea
Recap from last time:
- Educational event went really well, let’s do more next year; we could do a follow-up panel event, where people at the first event invite others to come ot the second
- Met with Feed the Homeless, they didn’t have it this semester, but we’ll work with them next year, do tabling/materials etc, invited them to take the Suitcase Clinic class
- Internet access letter – let’s publish it in the fall – PK wrote the letter – Andrew has friend who writes for Daily Cal
- Locker project stalled, now construction has started again, Amit is checking up on their progress now; free box idea we will pursue after lockers are functional, talked to Worthington about it. There is now a “free pile” at People’s Park.
- We had meeting with Mayor Bates, to acquaint ourselves with each other, and his director of homeless policy Julie Sinai. He made weird demands for us.
- Natalie has set up a contact system for all these contacts, to save the information semester to semester.
- We created a definition of homelessness.
- Raising money to give journals to the homeless which we could then publish; do documentary movies; showers at Willard and MASC are not clean
- We’ll do a clinic needs assessment rather than a city-wide one