I. Goal: To increase happiness and therefore retention of volunteers by
- Lessen the burden of PC members;
- Provide recognition and thanks to PC members and Caseworkers who worked hard;
- Facilitate caseworker integration and involvement.
- Attending PC meetings, Sunshine, retreat, elections, etc.
- Help make people happy by providing food in meetings
- Helping out other divisions with important tasks (i.e. the run, SHARE dinners, blanket-drive, summer training, tabling, etc.)
Suggested Volunteer Coordinator Duties:
- At least one volunteer coordinator must be at each clinic for the full evening to check-in, take roll, & lead debriefing
- Icebreakers/ conversation topics at the beginning of the clinic evening
- General clinic debriefing meetings & food
- Ask at PC meetings who will be able to provide rides home to caseworkers after clinic
- Keeping roll of general clinic caseworkers and keeping in touch with class coordinators re: class caseworking attendance
- Volunteer of the month/ semester/ year & other recognition ideas
- Keep in touch with webmaster to put announcements on website (i.e. volunteer of the month)
- E-mail class & PC volunteer of the month, etc. announcements
- Sending out birthday e-mails & keeping a current maintained list of who to send these to
- Send emails of thanks and appreciation to students in charge of important events such as Run, Retreat, etc…
- Attending Dr. Steinbach’s class on Small Group Process (Wednesdays 5-7PM, 2 units P/NP)
- Help recruit students for ALL PC positions
- Working with historian to get good clinic & service provider pictures for appreciation dinner
III. Issues to Deal With/ Think About
- Caseworking problems that aren’t really in our capacity to deal with/ solve
- What to do with large numbers of caseworkers on some evenings
- Recognition of volunteers at Women’s and Youth clinics
- End of fall semester recognition event?
- Poster of “our volunteers”?
IV. Small Group Process
- Check in
- Time contract
- Agenda Formulation
- Going through agenda items
- Check out