Fast Track Plan for Women’s Clinic: Fall 2001
Aug. 30 (Thursday): Introduce fast track to students and get interested students to sign up.
Sept. 3 (Monday): Tour women’s clinic and have interested students observe clinic for an hour.
Sept. 6 (Thursday): Introduce fast track again to new students.
Sept. 10 (Monday): Interested students shadow caseworkers.
Sept. 13 (Thursday): Final decision for the fast track group.
Sept. 17 (Monday): Training #1 (6-7pm)
• Explain caseworking model and intake process at women’s clinic,
• Practice scenerios common at women’s clinic
1. identifying pressing issue
2. consent for note-taking
• Building trust with the clients
Sept. 20 (Thursday): Regular class plan
Sept. 24 (Monday): Training #2 (6-7pm)
• Discussion on domestic violence and other sensitive issues
• Services at clinic: explain the purpose of each service and how it is difference than the general clinic.
Sept. 27 (Thursday): Regular class plan
Oct. 1 (Monday): Training #3
• Making referrals at women’s clinic
1. have students pair up and practice on getting referrals on housing, domestic violence shelters and counseling, and employment.
Oct. 4 (Thursday): Midterm exam
Oct. 8 (Monday): Start caseworking