Thanks for your interest in joining the Suitcase Clinic! Each semester we recruit new volunteers to serve the underserved and promote social justice in our community. If you would like to learn more about joining the Suitcase Clinic, please attend one of our Info Sessions:
- Thursday, January 23rd, 7-9 PM in 30 Wheeler OR
- Friday, January 24th, 7-9 PM in 182 Dwinelle OR
New volunteers take a 2-unit service learning course (HMS 98/198) that discusses the problem of homelessness and how students can become effective caseworkers for homeless clients. Class will be held on Thursdays from 5-7PM. In order to apply to the Suitcase Clinic, you must complete the following requirements:
- Complete a written application (download as a pdf or docx). Submit your application to 570 University Hall on Thursday, January 30th by 4:00PM.
- Complete an in-person interview After the initial reading of paper applications, applicants moving on to the next round will be selected for interviews. The Interviews will be held on Saturday, February 1st and Sunday, February 2nd. Individuals shortlisted for an interview will be notified by email. In addition, students receiving a call from a number that they do not recognize during this period could likely be us attempting to notify them.
- Attend a Clinic Tour Clinic Tours are: Monday, January 27th and Tuesday, January 28th. All clinic tours depart from the RSF main entrance. Clinic Tours are not mandatory, but are highly encouraged in order to get a sense of what we do at clinic!
Applicants will be informed of our admission decisions by Tuesday, February 6th, at 12PM (noon). If you have added yourself to the waitlist on Telebears, please remove yourself. Students selected for the course will be given a course entry code. If you have any questions, please email them to “class [AT] suitcaseclinic.org”.
Thank you for your interest in working with the marginalized. We look forward to seeing you soon!