Hello and Welcome to all Prospective Suitcase Clinic Volunteers,
**************This post has been updated September 2nd, 2011, please be sure to have the new application below************
Thank you so much for your interest in our Suitcase Class this semester. The Fall semester has just begun, and that means another amazing semester of the HMS 98/198 Suitcase Clinic Class to train students to become caseworkers within our Youth, Women’s, and General Clinics.
Here is a general layout of how our application process and class works. The way our class works is that first you must apply and then afterwards upon acceptance you will be given the proper CCN and Course Entry Codes to enroll into the course. The class functions as the training for volunteers, and due to the limited number of spots we have created the aforementioned application process. If you have enrolled in our class using the CCN on the Berkeley Course Listing, please unenroll immediately or you may have problems re-adding the class in the future.
The following is a list of the things you will need in order for you to fill out our application:
1. (Optional) Please attend one of our info sessions on Thursday September 1st, from 5-7pm in 100 Wheeler, or attend our 2nd info session on Friday September 2nd from 7-9pm in 170 Barrows. These information sessions are not mandatory, but are very important for you to learn more in-depth information about what we do as a clinic, and also about what the class will be like.
2. Be sure, absolutely sure, that you are able to attend every single class on Thursday from 5-7pm, because attendance is mandatory for the first 7 weeks, no exceptions. This includes possible Chemistry, Physics, or other evening exams.
3. You must also attend at least one 30 minute tour of one of our clinics. Applicants who have not at least attended one clinic tour will not be considered. Attendance is taken at each tour time so please be sure to sign in with a class coordinator.
The tour times are:
Women’s Clinic Tours meet in front of the RSF, Monday, Sept. 5th.
Tours leave at 7:30pm, 8pm, and 8:30pm.
Youth Clinic Tours meet in front of the RSF, Monday, Sept. 5th.
Tours leave at 7:00pm, 7:30pm, and 8pm.
General Clinic Tours meet at Sproul Fountain, Tuesday Sept. 6th.
Tours leave at 7pm, 7:30pm, 8pm and 8:30pm.
4. A link to download the application is at the bottom of the post. Please fill out a copy and then print it and turn it into our box in 570 University Hall by Wednesday, Sept. 7th by 4pm sharp. Be on the look out that evening for a phone call or email regarding our decision for your application. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and allow 24-48hrs for a Response. Please be sure to include a copy of your current schedule of classes (from telebears if you would like).
5. The First Suitcase Class begins on Sept. 8th, and is in 100 Wheeler. All applicants will be contacted the evening of Sept. 7th regardless of our decision, so be sure to check your email that evening or the morning of September 8th.
Thank you again for your interest in the Suitcase Clinic, we are privileged to have so many interested volunteers. We look forward to reading your application!
If there is a problem downloading this application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . If the document is opened with Google Chrome, please click file, then ‘download original’.